Math 247A (Harmonic Analysis).
Lectures: MWF 11:00am-11:50am in Geology 4645.
Instructor: Monica Visan, MS 6167. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: M 1:00pm-3:00pm.
- Basic properties of the Fourier transform in Rd.
- Maximal and vector maximal inequalities.
- Calderon-Zygmund singular integral operators.
- Littlewood-Paley theory.
- Fractional chain/product rules.
- Stationary phase.
- Rearrangement inequalities.
- E. Stein, Harmonic analysis: real-variable methods,
orthogonality, and oscillatory integrals. Princeton Mathematical
Series, 43. Princeton University Press, 1993.
- E. Stein, Singular integrals and differentiability properties of
functions. Princeton Mathematical Series, 30. Princeton University
Grading: Grading will be based solely on the homework. Problems
will be assigned and collected throughout the quarter.
Homework: You may collaborate on the homework, but solutions need
to be written up in your own words.
- Homework 1 is due Wednesday, November 5th, in class.
- Homework 2 is due Wednesday, December 3rd, in