Math 247A (Harmonic Analysis).
Lectures: MWF 10:00am-11:00am in MS 6201.
Instructor: Monica Visan, MS 6167. Email address: email@example.com
Office Hours: W 1:00pm-3:00pm.
- Basic properties of the Fourier transform in Rd.
- Maximal and vector maximal inequalities.
- Calderon-Zygmund singular integral operators.
- Littlewood-Paley theory.
- Fractional chain/product rules.
- Stationary phase.
- Rearrangement inequalities.
- E. Stein, Harmonic analysis: real-variable methods,
orthogonality, and oscillatory integrals. Princeton Mathematical
Series, 43. Princeton University Press, 1993.
- E. Stein, Singular integrals and differentiability properties of
functions. Princeton Mathematical Series, 30. Princeton University
Grading: Grading will be based solely on the homework. Problems
will be assigned and collected throughout the quarter.
Homework: You may collaborate on the homework, but solutions need
to be written up in your own words.
- Homework 1 is due on Monday, October 22nd, in
- Homework 2 is due on Friday, November 16th, in
- Homework 3 is due on Monday, December 3rd, in