Math 20100: Mathematical Methods for Physical Sciences II.
Lectures: MWF 12:30am-1:20pm in Eckhart 308.
Visan, 318 Eckhart. Email address: email@example.com
Office Hours: Wed 5:00pm-6:00pm, Fri 2:30-3:30pm, or by appointment.
Problem session: Th 5:00pm-6:00pm in Eckhart 308.
- W. E. Boyce and R. C. DiPrima, Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems, John Wiley and Sons, 2009.
- S. D. Fisher, Complex Variables, 2nd Ed., Dover Publications, 1999.
Exams: Two in-class midterms. Two-hour final.
Bring student ID to both midterms and the final. There will be no
No calculators, notes, or books will be permitted in any exam.
First midterm: on Wednesday, April 22nd, in class.
Second midterm: on Wednesday, May 20th, in class.
Homework: There will be weekly homework. It is
due on Mondays, in class. Further information is given
- No late homework will be accepted.
- The TA will grade all problems each out of ten points.
- Write your name at the top of the first page.
- Staple your pages!
- The weakest homework score will be omitted.
Grading: Homework 20%; Each midterm 20%; Final 40%.
- Homework 1: due on Monday, Apr. 6th, in class.
- Homework 2: due on Monday, Apr. 13th, in
- Homework 3: due on Monday, Apr. 20th, in class.
- Homework 4: due on Monday, Apr. 27th, in class.
- Homework 5: due on Monday, May 4th, in class.
- Homework 6: due on Monday, May 11th, in class.
- Homework 7: due on Monday, May 18th, in class.
- Homework 8: due on Wednesday, May 27th, in
- Homework 9: (optionally) due on Wednesday, June
3rd, in class.