Math 131A: Analysis.
Lectures: MWF 10:00-10:50am in MS 5138.
Visan, MS 6167. Email address: email@example.com
MS 3975. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Wed 5:00-6:00pm, Th: 10:00-11:00am, or by
Problem session: T: 10:00-10:50am in MS 5138.
Textbook: Kenneth A. Ross, Elementary Analysis: The Theory Of
Calculus, Springer, 1980.
Midterms: Two in-class midterms. Each midterm counts for 20%
towards the final grade.
- First midterm: October 26th, in class.
- Second midterm: November 16th, in class.
Final: December 8th, 11:30am-2:30pm. You have to take the final
order to pass the class. The final exam will count for 40% towards the
- Bring student ID to both midterms and the
- There will be no make-up exams.
- No calculators,
notes, or books will be permitted in any exam.
Homework: There will be weekly homework. It is
due in class. The homework will count for 20%
towards the final grade. Further information is given
- No late homework will be accepted.
- The TA will grade all problems.
- Write your name at the top of the first page.
- Staple your pages!
- The weakest homework score will be omitted.
Grading: Homework 20%; Each midterm 20%; Final 40%.
- Homework 1: due on Friday, September 30th, in
- Homework 2: due on Friday, October 7th, in
- Homework 3: due on Friday, October 14th, in
- Homework 4: due on Friday, October 21st, in
- Homework 5: due on Friday, October 28th,
- Homework 6: due on Friday, November 4th,
- Homework 7: due on Monday, November 14th,
- Homework 8: due on Monday, November 21st,
- Homework 9: due on Wednesday, November 30th,