Math 247B (Harmonic Analysis).
Lectures: MWF 11:00am-11:50am in Geology 6704.
Instructor: Monica Visan, MS 6167. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Mon 3:00pm-4:00pm.
- Restriction theory.
- Rearrangement inequalities.
- Optimizers and sharp constants for the Gagliardo-Nirenberg and Sobolev embedding inequalities.
- A. Burchard, Rearrangement inequalitites. Lecture notes available online.
- R. Killip and M. Visan, Nonlinear Schrodinger equations
at critical regularity. In "Evolution Equations", 325-437, Clay Math. Proc., 17, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI,
- E. Lieb and M. Loss, Analysis. AMS Graduate Studies in Mathematics, 14 (1987, second edition 2001).
- E. Stein, Harmonic analysis: real-variable methods,
orthogonality, and oscillatory integrals. Princeton Mathematical
Series, 43. Princeton University Press, 1993.
Grading: Grading will be based solely on the homework. Problems
will be assigned and collected throughout the quarter.
Homework: You may collaborate on the homework, but solutions need
to be written up in your own words.