Andrea Bertozzi Research Group
- Current Postdocs (Former Postdocs)
- Shiba Biswal, PhD in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, MS in Mathematics, Arizona State Univ., Hedrick Adj. Asst. Prof.
- Sarah Burnett, PhD in Mathematics, Univ. Maryland, PIC Hedrick Adj. Asst. Prof.
- Lingyun Ding, PhD in Mathematics, UNC Chapel Hill, PI Hedrick Adj. Asst. Prof.
- Eric Hester, PhD Univ. Sydney (Australia), computational fluid dynamics
- Jona Lelmi, PhD. Univ. Bonn (Germany), machine learning and applied analysis
- Rishi Sonthalia, PhD in Mathematics, Univ. of Michigan, Data Science
- Current Ph.D. Students (Advanced to Candidacy) (Former Students)
- Joel Barnett, Image processing
- Bohan Chen, optimization, image and signal processing
- Jason Brown, Image processing and graph based methods
- Yotam Yaniv,
machine learning models
- PhD Students (passed qualifiers)
- James Chapman
- Harris Hardiman-Mostow
- Evan Davis
- Jack Luong
- Hong-Kiat Tan
- Simons Math + X This is a ten year project in collaboration with the California NanoSystems Institute and the Department of Mechanical Engineering. We are working on microfluidics applications.
- Knowledge Graphs We are developing mathematical methods and theory for analyzing data organized on knowledge graphs.
- COVID-19 I am doing research related to modeling the spread of COVID-19.
- Subgraph Isomorphisms We are looking at subgraph isomorphisms on multichannel networks
- We are working with a community organization in Los Angeles, the Gang Reduction Youth Development program.
- We are part of a collaborative project on deep learning, with Univ. and UC Irvine.
- Current Research Grants and Contracts
- NSF CCF-2345256 Collaborative Research: RAPID: Rapid computational modeling of wildfires and management with emphasis on human activity, 9/15/23-8/31/24, with Stan Osher as coPI.
- NSF DMS-2318817 ATD: Active Learning Activity Detection in Multiplex Networks of Geospatial-Cyber-Temporal Data, 9/23-8/26
- ONR grant N00014-23-1-2565, Novel Machine Learning Methods for Resolving Coherent
Structures in Multiscale Physical Simulations, 6/23-6/26
- NSF DMS-2152717, Collaborative Research: Differential Equations Motivated
Multi-Agent Sequential Deep Learning: Algorithms, Theory, and Validation, collaborative project with Bao Wang from U. Utah, 7/22-6/25
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Award No. #HM0476-21-1-0003 , Active Learning Methods on Graphs for Image, Video and
Multispectral Datasets, 5/21-5/23
- NSF DMS-1952339, 8/15/20-7/31/23, FRG: Collaborative Research: Robust, Efficient, and Private Deep Learning Algorithms, with S. J. Osher, B. Wang (Univ. Utah). Collaborative project with J. Xin at UC Irvine.
- NSF DMS-2027277, ATD: Algorithms for Threat Detection in Knowledge Graphs, 9/2020-8-2023, with Jeff Brantingham, coPI.
- NSF grant DGE-1829071, NRT-HDR: Modeling and Understanding Human Behavior: Harnessing Data from Genes to Social Networks, 9/2018-8/2023, ALB current PI; Wei Wang original PI.
- Simons Math + X Investigator Award number 510776. 7/2017-6/2027
- City of Los Angeles, Gang Reduction Youth Development (GRYD) Analysis Program, subaward to UCLA from CSULA, 3/2016-6/2023; P. J. Brantingham PI.
UCLA * Department of Mathematics *