Andrea Bertozzi Research Group
- Current Postdocs (Former Postdocs)
- Omri Azencot, PhD (CS, Technion) - PIC Instructor; Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowship Postdoctoral Scholar
- Karthik Elamvazthuti, PhD in Mechanical Engineering, ASU, CAM Asst. Adj. Prof.
- Claudia Falcon, PhD (UNC Chapel Hill) - PIC Instructor and AGEP Scholar, particle laden flow
- Matthew Jacobs (Univ. Michigan) Asst. Adj. Prof.
- Hangjie Ji, PhD (Duke) - PIC Instructor, fluids and PDE
- Wen Li, PhD Clarkson Univ. Asst. Adj. Prof., numerical PDE
- Michael Lindstrom, PhD (UBC) - PIC Instructor and NSERC Postdoc, fluids and modeling
- Bao Wang, PhD (Mich. State) - Asst. Adj. Prof., computational modeling
- Weiqi Chu microfluids, multiscale modeling, model reduction
- Current Ph.D. Students (Advanced to Candidacy) (Former Students)
- Kyung Ha, surface tension microfluidic modeling and analysis
- Hao Li, machine learning applications
- Jacob Moorman, multichannel networks
- Thomas Tu, multichannel networks
- Yoni Dukler, thin film fluids and machine learning
- Kevin Miller, Machine learning, Bayesian uncertainty quantification, active learning
- Kaiyan Peng, optimal path planning, networks
- PhD Students (passed qualifiers)
- Bohan Chen, optimal path planning
- Dominic Yang, multichannel Networks
- Xia Li, multichannel networks and epidemics
Undergraduate researchers (Former undergraduate researchers)
- See web page of our summer REU program.
- Simons Math + X This is a five year project in collaboration with the California NanoSystems Institute and the Department of Mechanical Engineering. We are working on microfluidics applications.
- COVID-19 I am doing research related to modeling the spread of COVID-19.
- Subgraph Isomorphisms We are looking at subgraph isomorphisms on multichannel networks
- We are working with a community organization in Los Angeles, the Gang Reduction Youth Development program
- Current Research Grants and Contracts
- NSF grant DMS-2027438, (Mason Porter coPI),
RAPID: Analysis of Multiscale Network Models for the Spread of COVID-19, 4/15/2020 - 3/31/2021
- NSF grant DGE-1829071, NRT-HDR: Modeling and Understanding Human Behavior: Harnessing Data from Genes to Social Networks, 9/2018-8/2023, ALB current PI; Wei Wang original PI.
- DARPA, Variational Methods on Graphs for Identification on Transaction Networks, Feb 1 2018-Jan 29, 2020. Award number FA8750-18-2-0066.
- ATD: Sparsity Models for Forecasting Spatio-Temporal Human Dynamics NSF DMS-1737770, 9/15/17-8/31/20, with P. J. Brantingham and S. J. Osher
- Simons Math + X Investigator Award number 510776. 7/2017-6/2022
- NSF grant DMS-1659676 REU Site: Mathematical Modeling at UCLA, 7/2017-6/2020, M. Roper PI.
- City of Los Angeles, Gang Reduction Youth Development (GRYD) Analysis Program, subaward to UCLA from CSULA, 3/2016-6/2020; P. J. Brantingham PI.
- NGA NURI grant HM02101410003, "Sparsity models for spatiotemporal analysis and modeling of human activity and social networks in a geographic context", 10/24/14-10/30/20, with S. Osher, P. J. Brantingham and G. Tita (UC Irvine)
UCLA * Department of Mathematics *