Robert F. BrownProfessor of Mathematics
UCLA Department of Mathematics
Office 6220 Mathematical Sciences Bldg. Postal Address UCLA Dept of Mathematics
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1555
Phone 310-825-6553 Fax 310-206-6673 < email@example.com>
Ph. D. Students
- Danielle O'Donnol, 2008 (cochair), Assistant Professor, Marymount Univ.
- Nirattaya Khamsemanan, 2006, Associate Professor, Thammasat Univ., Thailand
- Aaron Reite, 2006, U. S. Government
- Catherine Lee, 2005, Research Scientist, Kaiser Permanente
- P. Christopher Staecker, 2005, Professor, Fairfield Univ.
- Christina Soderlund, 2004, Lecturer, California State Univ. Channel Islands
- Peter Yi, 2003, Ventura College
- Joel Better, 2002
- Fernanda Cardona, 1996, Assistant Professor, Univ. of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Peter Wolfenden, 1995, Qualys Inc.
- Chiwah Ng, 1995
- Joyce Wagner, 1995, Professor, Santiago Canyon College
- Jeanine Nolan, 1995, Professor, East Los Angeles College
- Aaron Schusteff, 1990, City College of San Francisco
- Bao Hoang, 1985, Raytheon Corp.
- Ronald Stern, 1973 (cochair), Professor Emeritus, Univ. of California, Irvine
- U. Kurt Scholz, 1970, Professor Emeritus, Univ. of St. Thomas
- Jerome Kaminker, 1968, Professor Emeritus, Indiana Univ. Purdue Univ., Indianapolis
- William Barnier, 1967, Professor Emeritus, Sonoma State Univ.
- Robin Brooks, 1967, Professor Emeritus, Bates College
Research Interests [pdf file]
Recent Papers and Pre-prints:
- A good question won't go away: An example of mathematical research, American Mathematical Monthly, to appear [pdf file]
- Lifting classes for the fixed point theory of n-valued maps (with Charlotte Deconinck, Karel Dekimpe and P. Christopher Staecker), Topology and Its Applications, 274 (2020), 107123, 26 pages. [pdf file]
- Two important theorems that are really one, The Mathematics Student, 89 (2020), 59 - 62. [pdf file]
- The 2-sphere is Wecken for n-valued maps (with Michael Crabb, Adam Ericksen and Matt Stimpson), Journal of Fixed Point Theory and Applications, 21 (2019), Art. 55, 6 pages. [pdf file]
- On the topology of n-valued maps (with Daciberg Goncalves), Advances in Fixed Point Theory, 8 (2018), 205 - 220. [pdf file]
- Stabilizers of fixed point classes and Nielsen numbers of n-valued maps (with Junzheng Nan), Bull. Belgian Math. Soc., 24 (2017), 523 - 535. [pdf file]
UCLA Mathematics Dept. | UCLA