I am a second year PhD student of applied mathematics at UCLA working under the supervision of Prof. Joseph Teran. My research interests are physics/PDE based simulation for computer graphics and computational linear algebra. I graduated with BS in Mathematics of Computation and MA in Mathematics from UCLA in 2019 under Departmental Scholars Program. I was Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarship recipient between 2015-2019 and gold medalist in 55th International Mathematical Olympiad in 2014.
Here is my CV.
Current Teaching (21 Fall)
- Math 170E - Lec2: Introduction to Probability and Statistics 1: Probability
- Instructor: Dr. Aaron Palmer
- Discussion Sections: 2A on Tuesdays 10-10.50am in MS 5128, and 2B on Thursdays in MS 5138.
I plan to broadcast and record the live discussion sessions, and upload the recordings to the canvas. However, undeniably there will be technical errors throughout the quarter, so safest way to attend discussion is in person. See Canvas for zoom links for the broadcasting
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hours: Tuedays and Thursdays 11am-12am in person at MS 7601 (Until second notice). Zoom OH on Mondays 4-5pm. Subject to change.
- Open Office Hours: Tuesday 9-10am via Zoom. Here is the zoom link, or here are meeting details:
Meeting ID: 975 3284 3825, Passcode: 896714
- You can read more information about Open OH here.
- Instructor at UCLA Olga Radko Endowed Math Circle (ORMC)
- In 21-22 school year I will be teaching the Olympiads Group in ORMC.
Past Experiences & REUs in Summers
- 2019 Summer: Math Olympiad Instructor at Star League Summer Camp.
- 2018 Summer: Research Intern at UCLA IPAM RIPS GumGum Team. Here is resulting paper: [arXiv] or [springer], and the poster.
- 2017 Summer: Undergraduate Researcher at Computational and Applied Mathematics REU. Here is resulting paper preprint [arXiv].
- 2016 Summer: UCLA Mathematics Pure Math REU on PDEs. Here are some notes for Evans PDE book.
Math Olympiad Tutoring
I also do competitive math tutoring/mentoring for AMC/AIME/USAMO preperation. See tutoring page for more info.