Graduate student at UCLA Mathematics Department, probably studying one of the following topics:
- Probabilistic approaches in extremal combinatorics and the theory of large graphs,
- Enumerative problems in algebraic geometry, especially those susceptible to tropical techniques, or
- The intersection of representation theory and the above.
I'm firmly on the pure math side of the department, but these sorts of problems usually get applied in the areas of statistical mechanics and mathematical biology, and I do enjoy a good lecture or two on the same.
I'm also a fan of fluid mechanics. If you know a good way to connect that to the research interests above, let me know!
Trying to reach me?
- Math Sciences 2954 (Zoom 525-620-2353 for online meetings)
- Office Hours:
- By appointment or:
Anyone is welcome at any office hour, but students from the corresponding class will get priority.
- MATH 142/MATH 171:
- T 3pm+Th 12pm
- Other classes/general public/overflow:
- F 12pm
- Winter 2022: MATH 142 § 1A: Zoom 934 4748 7919 until Jan 18; Th 11-12pm (Pacific)
- Winter 2022: MATH 171 § 1A: Zoom 934 4748 7919 until Jan 18; Th 10-11am (Pacific)
- Fall 2021: PIC 10A § 3BC: Public Affairs 1337; T/Th 11-12+12-1pm
- Spring 2021: PIC 10A § 10CD: Zoom; T/Th 8-9+9-10 AM
- Winter 2020: PIC 10A § 3C: Zoom; T/Th 3pm PT
- Winter 2020: MATH 171 § 1A: Zoom; Th 11am PT
- Fall 2020: PIC 10A § 3A: Zoom; T/Th 1pm PT
- Fall 2020: MATH 171 § 1A: Zoom; Th 12pm PT
- Summer 2020: MATH 61 § 1C: Zoom; T/Th 11am PDT
- Spring 2020: MATH 142 § 2A: Zoom; T 12pm (noon) PDT
- Winter 2020: MATH 171 § 1A: MS 6229; Th 1PM
- Fall 2019: PIC 10A § 5: MS 5127; TTh 8AM
- Recent Papers
- Expository Notes
If I were a Springer-Verlag Graduate Text in Mathematics, I would be Béla Bollobás's Modern Graph Theory.
I am an in-depth account of graph theory, written with the student in mind; I reflect the current state of the subject and emphasize connections with other branches of pure mathematics. Recognizing that graph theory is one of several courses competing for the attention of a student, I contain extensive descriptive passages designed to convey the flavor of the subject and to arouse interest.
Which Springer GTM would you be? The Springer GTM Test
Pages created with the assistance of