UCLA Mathematics Department
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1555, U.S.A.
Office: MS 6224
Email: MyFirstName at math.ucla.edu
For students: in case you want to send me emails regarding enrollment of my classes, please first read the red texts at the bottom of this page. Thank you.
I am a Hedrick Assistant Adjunct Professor at Department of Mathematics, UCLA, under the mentorship of Prof. Inwon Kim.
Here is my CV
Research Interests: PDEs and applied mathematics, especially evolution free boundary problems, fluid-structure interaction problems, calculus of variations, liquid crystals, complex and active fluids, and optimal transport.
Publications & Preprints
- Darcy's Law with a Source Term
Matt Jacobs, Inwon Kim and Jiajun Tong. arXiv:2006.09558. Submitted.
- The $L^1$-contraction Principle in Optimal Transport
Matt Jacobs, Inwon Kim and Jiajun Tong. arXiv:2006.09557. Submitted.
- Interface Dynamics in a Two-phase Tumor Growth Model
Inwon Kim and Jiajun Tong, arXiv:2002.03487. Accepted by Interfaces Free Bound..
- Regularity of Minimizers of a Tensor-valued Variational Obstacle Problem in Three Dimensions
Zhiyuan Geng and Jiajun Tong, Calc. Var. 59, 57 (2020).
- Regularized Stokes Immersed Boundary Problems in Two Dimensions: Well-posedness, Singular Limit, and Error Estimates
Jiajun Tong, arXiv:1904.09528. To appear in Comm. Pure Appl. Math..
- Directed Migration of Microscale Swimmers by an Array of Shaped Obstacles: Modeling and Shape Optimization
Jiajun Tong and Michael J. Shelley, SIAM J. Appl. Math. (2018), 78(5), 2370-2392.
- On the Viscous Camassa-Holm Equations with Fractional Diffusion
Zaihui Gan, Fang-Hua Lin and Jiajun Tong, Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. (2020), 40 (6) : 3427-3450.
- Solvability of the Stokes Immersed Boundary Problem in Two Dimensions
Fang-Hua Lin and Jiajun Tong, Comm. Pure Appl. Math. (2019), 72(1), pp. 159-226.
- Guiding microscale swimmers using teardrop-shaped posts
Megan S. Davies Wykes, Xiao Zhong, Jiajun Tong, Takuji Adachi, Yanpeng Liu, Leif Ristroph, Michael D. Ward, Michael J. Shelley and Jun Zhang, Soft Matter (2017), 13, pp. 4681-4688.
- Stability of Soft Quasicrystals in a Coupled-Mode Swift-Hohenberg Model
for Three-Component Systems
Kai Jiang, Jiajun Tong and Pingwen Zhang, Commun. Comput. Phys. (2016), 19, pp. 559-581.
- Stability of two-dimensional soft quasicrystals in systems with two length scales
Kai Jiang, Jiajun Tong, Pingwen Zhang and An-Chang Shi, Phys. Rev. E (2015), 92(4), 042159.
Fall 2020: I am teaching MATH 135 Ordinary Differential Equations (online).
MATH 135 / LEC 3 (CCLE logon required): MWF 1pm. The lectures will be recorded.
- Office hours (online): M 7:30pm-9pm, F 9:30am-11am, or by appointment.
- Course TA: Francis White.
- Discussion session: Tu 1pm-1:50pm.
- TA office hours: TBA.
- I am not in charge of the enrollment process. For enrollment inquiries, please contact the math department undergraduate office (MS 6356 / ugrad at math.ucla.edu).
- If the class is full but you still would like to get enrolled, please first get registered in the unofficial waitlist maintained by the undergraduate office --- the earlier, the better.
- Only the undergraduate office provides PTE numbers. I don't.
- Please send me emails if you want CCLE access.
- (10/15/2020) Zoom talk at Analysis of Fluids and Related Topics Seminar, Princeton University. link
Updated in September 2020.