520 Portola Plaza
UCLA Department of Mathematics
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1555, U.S.A.
Office: MS 6224
Email: MyFirstName at math.ucla.edu
To students: in case you want to send me emails regarding enrollment of my classes, please first read the red texts at the bottom of this page. Thank you.
I am a Hedrick Assistant Adjunct Professor at the Department of Mathematics, UCLA, under the mentorship of Prof. Inwon Kim.
Here is my CV
Research Interests: PDEs and applied mathematics, especially evolution free boundary problems, fluid-structure interaction problems, calculus of variations, liquid crystals, complex and active fluids, and optimal transport.
Publications & Preprints
- Darcy's Law with a Source Term
Matt Jacobs, Inwon Kim and Jiajun Tong. Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal. 239(3), 1349-1393 (2021).
- The $L^1$-contraction Principle in Optimal Transport
Matt Jacobs, Inwon Kim and Jiajun Tong. arXiv:2006.09557. Submitted.
- Interface Dynamics in a Two-phase Tumor Growth Model
Inwon Kim and Jiajun Tong, arXiv:2002.03487. Accepted by Interfaces Free Bound..
- Regularity of Minimizers of a Tensor-valued Variational Obstacle Problem in Three Dimensions
Zhiyuan Geng and Jiajun Tong, Calc. Var. 59, 57 (2020).
- Regularized Stokes Immersed Boundary Problems in Two Dimensions: Well-posedness, Singular Limit, and Error Estimates
Jiajun Tong, Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 74(2), pp. 366-449 (2021).
- Directed Migration of Microscale Swimmers by an Array of Shaped Obstacles: Modeling and Shape Optimization
Jiajun Tong and Michael J. Shelley, SIAM J. Appl. Math. (2018), 78(5), 2370-2392.
- On the Viscous Camassa-Holm Equations with Fractional Diffusion
Zaihui Gan, Fang-Hua Lin and Jiajun Tong, Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. (2020), 40 (6): 3427-3450.
- Solvability of the Stokes Immersed Boundary Problem in Two Dimensions
Fang-Hua Lin and Jiajun Tong, Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 72(1), pp. 159-226 (2019).
- Guiding microscale swimmers using teardrop-shaped posts
Megan S. Davies Wykes, Xiao Zhong, Jiajun Tong, Takuji Adachi, Yanpeng Liu, Leif Ristroph, Michael D. Ward, Michael J. Shelley and Jun Zhang, Soft Matter (2017), 13, pp. 4681-4688.
- Stability of Soft Quasicrystals in a Coupled-Mode Swift-Hohenberg Model for Three-Component Systems
Kai Jiang, Jiajun Tong and Pingwen Zhang, Commun. Comput. Phys. (2016), 19, pp. 559-581.
- Stability of two-dimensional soft quasicrystals in systems with two length scales
Kai Jiang, Jiajun Tong, Pingwen Zhang and An-Chang Shi, Phys. Rev. E (2015), 92(4), 042159.
Spring 2021: I am teaching MATH 131A Analysis (online, recorded) and MATH 135 Ordinary Differential Equations (online, recorded).
Office hours (online): M 6pm-7:30pm, F 4:30pm-6pm, or by appointment.
MATH 131A / LEC 1 (CCLE logon required): MWF 8am.
- Course TA: Eli Sadovnik.
- Discussion session (online): Tu 8am-8:50am.
- TA office hours (online): TBA.
MATH 135 / LEC 2 (CCLE logon required): MWF 1pm.
- Course TA: Yizhou Chen.
- Discussion session (online): Th 1pm-1:50pm.
- TA office hours (online): TBA.
- You are very welcome to join the lectures before getting officially enrolled. Feel free to send me emails to request for CCLE access.
- I am not in charge of the enrollment process. For enrollment issues, please contact the math department undergraduate office (MS 6356 / ugrad at math.ucla.edu).
- If the class is full but you would like to get enrolled, please first get registered in the unofficial waitlist maintained by the undergraduate office. The list will be open on the first day of the quarter.
- Only the undergraduate office provides PTE numbers. I don't.
Updated in Mar. 2021.