Math 135, Ordinary Differential Equations
This is the webpage for Math 135, Winter 2019.
- Instructor : Hongwei Gao
- Discussion sessions :
Tuesday 11:00 - 11:50 MS 5138
- Teaching Assistant : Gyu Eun Lee
- E-mail : gyueun [dot] lee [at] math [dot] ucla [dot] edu
- Office : MS 3949
- Office hours : Thursday 12:00 - 14:00 and by appointment
- Course CCLE.
- Homework is due by the end of discussion every Tuesday, beginning Week 2. No late homework is accepted.
- If you are unable to attend a particular discussion session, you may submit your homework early. The best way to do so is to slip your homework under my office door, and notify me of this by email.
- I will do my best to grade and return the homework in the following discussion. If you are unable to pick up an assignment, you may do so in office hours.
- I will grade 5 problems, or parts of problems, on each homework. Each problem is out of 4 points for a total of 20 points per homework.
- All homework submissions must include your full name. Handwritten homework must be written using a blue or black pen or a pencil. Multiple pages must be bound with a staple or paperclip. Failure to abide by these carries a penalty of 1 point.
- I will also accept email submissions (to my email address) of homework typeset in LaTeX, but no other email submissions. Emailed homework is subject to a hard deadline of Tuesday 11:00.
- Homework should be legible. I reserve the right to mark a solution with illegible portions as if those portions do not exist.
- There will be problems requiring you to write a proof in this class. As Math 115 and 131 are not prerequisites for this course, for grading purposes we will have a slightly relaxed stance on the required rigor and presentation of some of your arguments. However, there are portions of this class where more rigor is required than others.
- I am open to requests for extra office hours. If you wish to arrange extra office hours, please contact me at least 24 hours in advance to work out a time. (I may not respond to such requests if they are on very short notice.) Any office hours arranged individually will be announced and extended to the entire class.
- (2018.09.27) Office hours and homework policy is now up.