Math 135, Ordinary Differential Equations
This is the webpage for Math 135, Spring 2018.
- Instructor : Alpár Richárd Mészáros
- Discussion sessions :
Tuesday 10:00 - 10:50 MS 6229
- Teaching Assistant : Gyu Eun Lee
- E-mail : gyueun [dot] lee [at] math [dot] ucla [dot] edu
- Office : MS 3949
- Office hours : Tuesday 11:00 - 12:00, Thursday 10:00 - 11:00 MS 3949 and by appointment
- Course CCLE.
- Homework is due in lecture every Friday, beginning Week 2. No late homework is accepted.
- I will do my best to grade and return the homework the Tuesday discussion after it is submitted.
- Each homework assignment is graded out of 10 points. Not all parts of the homework will be graded.
- All homework submissions must include your full name. Handwritten homework must be written using a blue or black pen or a pencil. Multiple pages must be bound with a staple or paperclip. Failure to abide by these carries a penalty of 1 point. I will also accept email submissions (to my email address) of homework typeset in LaTeX, but no other email submissions. Emailed homework is subject to the same deadline as any other homework.
- Homework should be legible. I reserve the right to mark down any answer I cannot read.
- There will be problems requiring you to write a proof in this class. As Math 115 and 131 are not prerequisites for this course, for grading purposes we will have a relaxed stance on the required rigor and presentation of your arguments.
- I am open to requests for extra office hours. If you wish to arrange extra office hours, please contact me at least 24 hours in advance to work out a time. (I will not be receptive to such requests on very short notice.) Any office hours arranged individually will be announced and extended to the entire class.
- (2018.04.04) Office hours are updated to avoid a conflict with the professor's office hours.