Math 135, Ordinary Differential Equations
This is the webpage for Math 135, Fall 2018.
- Instructor : Chenchen Mou
- Discussion sessions :
Thursday 15:00 - 15:50 MS 5117
- Teaching Assistant : Gyu Eun Lee
- E-mail : gyueun [dot] lee [at] math [dot] ucla [dot] edu
- Office : MS 3949
- Office hours : Tuesday 11:00 - 13:00 MS 3949 and by appointment
- Course CCLE.
- Homework is due by the end of lecture every Thursday, beginning Week 1. No late homework is accepted.
- I will do my best to grade and return the homework the Tuesday discussion after it is submitted.
- I will grade 4 problems, or parts of problems, on each homework. Each problem is out of 2.5 points for a total of 10 points per homework.
- All homework submissions must include your full name. Handwritten homework must be written using a blue or black pen or a pencil. Multiple pages must be bound with a staple or paperclip. Failure to abide by these carries a penalty of 1 point.
- I will also accept email submissions (to my email address) of homework typeset in LaTeX, but no other email submissions. Emailed homework is subject to a hard deadline of Thursdays 16:00.
- Homework should be legible. I reserve the right to mark a solution with illegible portions as if those portions do not exist.
- There will be problems requiring you to write a proof in this class. As Math 115 and 131 are not prerequisites for this course, for grading purposes we will have a relaxed stance on the required rigor and presentation of some of your arguments. However, there are portions of this class where more rigor is required than others.
- I am open to requests for extra office hours. If you wish to arrange extra office hours, please contact me at least 24 hours in advance to work out a time. (I may not respond to such requests if they are on very short notice.) Any office hours arranged individually will be announced and extended to the entire class.
- (2018.09.27) Office hours and homework policy is now up. Also, office hours during week 1 will be Tuesday 10:00 - 12:00 due to a prior commitment.
- (2018.09.26) Welcome back! Please note that the first discussion will take place tomorrow. We will discuss some administrative matters and decide on office hours.