Math 33B, Differential Equations
This is the webpage for sections 3A and 3B of Math 33B, Winter 2016.
- Instructor : Preston Wake
- Discussion sessions :
- 3A : Tuesdays 03:00 - 03:50 pm WGYOUNG 2200
- 3B : Thursdays 03:00 - 03:50 pm WGYOUNG 2200
- Teaching Assistant : Gyu Eun Lee
- E-mail : gyueun [dot] lee [at] math [dot] ucla [dot] edu
- Office : MS 3949
- Office hours : Thursdays 01:00 - 02:00 pm, or by appointment
- SMC hours : Tuesday 02:00 - 03:00 pm MS 3974
- Course CCLE.
- At the end of each discussion session there will be a 10-minute quiz. It will consist of one question from the weekly list of problems. The quiz is closed-notes, and like all examinations for this class no calculators may be used. The quiz will be graded and returned during the next session.
- The remainder of discussion will be devoted to selected examples and questions from the students. To get the most out of discussion, I recommend you prepare in advance by
- reviewing the material from lectures;
- working on the homework problems beforehand;
- coming in with specific questions for the TA.
- (2016.01.05) I announced that office hours will be Thursdays 01:00 - 02:00 pm. This is a mistake on my part. The official office hours, as listed above, will be Thursdays 10:00 - 11:00 am.
- (2016.01.04) Though office hours have not been announced yet, for this week I will have them on Tuesday from 10:00 - 11:00 am. I will make an official announcement of my office hours for the quarter sometime later. Also, we will start having quizzes beginning on Thursday, and the Student Math Center (SMC) opens on Wednesday.