Math 33B, Differential Equations
This is the webpage for sections 1C and 1D of Math 33B, Fall 2015.
- Instructor : Yajing Liu
- Discussion sessions :
- 1C : Tuesdays 09:00 - 09:50 am MS 6229
- 1D : Thursdays 09:00 - 09:50 am Rolfe 3116
- Teaching Assistant : Gyu Eun Lee
- E-mail : gyueun [dot] lee [at] math [dot] ucla [dot] edu
- Office : MS 3949
- Office hours : Wednesdays 03:00 - 04:00 pm, or by appointment
- You are also free to go to the office hours for sections 1A and 1B. The TA is Ben West and his office hours are Tuesdays 10:00 - 11:00 am and Wednesdays 10:30 - 11:30 am, both in MS 3949 (same office as mine).
- SMC hours : Thursday 1 - 2pm
- Course CCLE. The weekly homework list will be posted here.
- During every discussion session there will be a 10-minute quiz. It will consist of one question from the weekly list of homework problems. The quiz is closed-notes, and like all examinations for this class no calculators may be used. The quiz will be graded and returned during the next session.
- The remainder of discussion will be devoted to selected examples and questions from the students. To get the most out of discussion, I recommend you prepare in advance by
- reviewing the material from lectures;
- working on the homework problems beforehand;
- coming in with specific questions for the TA.
- Quiz solutions will be posted weekly, sometime between the Thursday discussion and the following Tuesday discussion.
- (2015.10.18) I am holding extra office hours this week. They will be Tuesday 3-5pm. Wednesday office hours are also at the usual time (pending possible changes).