- Location and time
Class: MWF 9-9:50, 5138 Math Sciences
Discussion: R 9-9:50, 5138 Math Sciences
Office: 6236 Math Sciences
Office hours: M 10:40-11:10, W 10:00-10:40
Kenneth A. Ross, Elementary Analysis, Second Edition, Springer.
We will approximately follow the schedule here.
- Weekly homework will be announced on ccle and is due at the beginning of lecture on Fridays.
- Midterm: Monday, February 8, in class
- Final exam: Wednesday, March 16, 3:00 pm-6:00 pmBring photo ID to midterm and final. No books, notes, calculators, or any electronic devices will be permitted in any exam. The final exam must be taken in order to receive a passing grade.
Late homeworks will not be accepted. There will be 10 homeworks the lowest 2 scores of which will be dropped when computing your grade.
There will be no make-up exams, neither for the midterm nor for the final. However, some flexibility is built into the system by having two grading schemes. Your overall final grade will be the best of the following two variants:
- 10% best 8 homeworks + 30% midterm + 60% final.
- 10% best 8 homeworks + 90% final.
Regrades on homeworks and the midterm must be requested within two weeks. After this time, no requests for corrections will be honored.
All grades will be recorded on myUCLA.