- Location and time
Class: MWF 8-8:50, Geology 4645
Discussion: T 8-8:50, Geology 4645
Office: 6236 Math Sciences
Office hours: MW 9-10:30
Office: 2361 Math Sciences Addition
Office hours: T 9:30-10:30, R 1:30-2:30
Kenneth A. Ross, Elementary Analysis, Second Edition, Springer. See details at UCLA store.
We will approximately follow the schedule here.
- Weekly homework due at the beginning of lecture on Wednesdays
- 1st midterm: Monday, October 19, in class
This midterm covers the material of the classes until 10/16/2015 (inclusive). Here is the frontpage of the midterm including the midterm regulations.
- 2nd midterm: Monday, November 16, in class
This midterm covers the material of the classes until 11/13/2015 (inclusive). Here is the frontpage of the midterm including the midterm regulations (which are identical with the ones of the first midterm).
- Final exam: Friday, December 11, 8:00-11:00 am in Geology 4645
Late homeworks will not be accepted. There will be 10 homeworks the lowest 2 scores of which will be dropped when computing your grade.
There will be no make-up exams, neither for the midterms nor for the final. However, some flexibility is built into the system by having two grading schemes. Your overall final grade will be the best of the following two variants:
- 10% best 8 homeworks + 30% for both midterms + 60% final.
- 10% best 8 homeworks + 15% best midterm + 75% final.
Regrades on homeworks and midterms must be requested within two weeks of the exam date. After this time, no requests for corrections will be honored.
The homework problems will be uploaded to ccle.