| I am a Hedrick Assistant Adjunct Professor in UCLA. Prior to UCLA, I was a Senior Vice President at PIMCO focusing on the development and implementation of quantitative strategies in commodities. You can find my CV here.
|Office ||MS 7905
|E-Mail ||fbarekat at math .ucla .edu
- Research Interests
My research interests are in machine learning, financial mathematics and quantitative investing. If you have an interesting project in mind or simply would like to brainstorm, I would always be interested to discuss.
- Teaching Responsibilities
- Spring 2019: Math 178B (Foundations of Actuarial Mathematics: Further Topics in Long Term Actuarial Mathematics): MS 5200; MWF 4pm-4:50pm.
- Winter 2019: Math 156 (Machine Learning): MS 6229; MWF 3pm-3:50pm.
- Winter 2019: Math 178A (Foundations of Actuarial Mathematics: Life Insurance and Annuities): GEOLOGY 4645; MWF 4pm-4:50pm.
- University of California, Los Angeles; CA, USA.
- University of British Columbia; Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- B.Sc. program in Combined Honours in Mathematics and Physics.