Mathematics 33B, Lecture 2
- Office Location: MS 6931
- Office Hours: TuFri 4-5
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A number of people have emailed me asking about which theorem proofs
they are responsible for on the exam. As I stated previously you have to
know the same theorems that were required on exam 1. On the other hand
you might have to give some computations: in particular you should be
able to carry out the computations that led to the formulas for the coefficients of power series and
for Fourier series (real and complex) and you are responsible for
NATHAN WILL HOLD A REVIEW SESSION 1-4PM ON TUESDAY 6/11 in Haines
A2 I will have the regular office hours on Friday and on Tuesday (4-5).
Note that the book gave a wrong answer in assignment 8. Also
there is a tiny correction to the solutions to the first exam.
Assignment 8 will be due on Friday.
If your average score on the two exams is below 50 you should very
seriously consider dropping the course. It is very unlikely that you
will be able to catch up.
Be sure that you carefully read the solutions to the second exam (handout
Second Hour Exam: Bring your ID. The exam will include proofs
from the material for the first exam. I will hold office hours Thursday 4-5+.
See solutions for second practice exam below.
Assignment 4 is due on Wednesday May 1. I will have office hours today
(Thursday, 4/25): 4-5+. Note solutions to practice exam.
Only assignment 1 is due on Monday 4/8/02
Make sure that you are on the class email list. I have just sent out
a letter regarding the text book. If you don't receive it let me know
after class. I think you can get information about gettin on the list by
contacting the website http://www.ursa.ucla.edu/.
Student Math Center: MS3974
The Student Math Center offers free individual and group tutoring for
all lower dividsion math courses. This service is available on a walk-in
basis; no apointment is necessary. Yu may ask any of the TAs in
attendance for assistance with your math problems.
The SMC will open on Wednesday April 3, 2002. Hours of operation are:
Monday through Thursday, 9am to 3pm.
Electronic "Handouts" Watch out for stupid errors on my part!
- Handout 1: Course information and assignments 1 and 2
- Handout 2: (4/7) Things you should know
- Handout 3: convergence tests for series with non-negative terms
- Handout 4: assignments 3,4,5 and exam info. Correction on ass.3
ignore "use this to approximate pi"
- Handout 5: Practice exam
- Handout 6: more convergence tests
- Handout 7: soutions to practice exam
- Handout 8: solutions to first hour exam: Note that in solution to
problem 1b it should read 1 in the numerator (not 0) in the third expression.
- Handout 9: assignments 6-7 and exam 2 information
- Handout 10: Practice exam
- Handout 11: Practice exam solutions
- Handout 12: assignments 8-9 Note that the definition for "2-norm"
has been corrected (i.e., missing exponent 1/2 put in on integral).
- Handout 13: solutions to second hour exam; Correction: answer to
problem 2 should have d=4. I made a mistake in my calculation of f(-1).
Assignment solutions (again: watch for stupid
errors)Note that the book gave a wrong answer in assignment 8
Math & PIC Courses |
Student Math Center |
PIC Lab |