# Bon-Soon Lin
Graduate Student / TAC
UCLA Mathematics Department
Office: MS 6603 (I am no longer in the old office MS 3973)
## Research and Interests
I am interested in the following areas, my advisor is Professor Igor Pak.
- Enumerative and bijective combinatorics; generating functions.
- Planar structures; triangulations.
- Algebraic recursive sequences.
- Cluster algebra and its combinatorial aspects.
- Combinatorial methods in algebra, geometry, analysis, and number theory.
- Puzzles, recreational mathematics, and teaching mathematics.
## Office Hours
## Currently teaching
- Graduate bootcamp (analysis and linear algebra) (Summer 2021) Good luck to all!
- [Joint Summer Bridge Program: Real analysis and Linear algebra (Summer 2021)](./summer2021/)
## Past Teaching
- [Joint Summer Bridge Program for Problem Solving and Math Subject GRE (Summer 2020)](./summer2020/)
- Math 33A Linear algebra for Prof. R. Killip. (Spring 2020)
- Math 132 Complex analysis Prof. K. Liu. (Spring 2020)
- [Math 32BH Honors multivariable calculus. (Winter 2020)](./math32bh.winter2020/)
- [Math 495 Teaching College Mathematics / TA Training (Fall 2019)](./math495.fall2019/)
- Graduate bootcamp (analysis and linear algebra) (Summer 2019) Good luck to all!
- [Math 33B Differential equations. (Spring 2019) Course website for updates and homework.](./math33b.spring2019/)
- Math 132 Complex analysis (section 2) for Prof. Chayes (Winter 2019)
- Hints and comments to homework: [hw4](./files/w19/ps4.pdf) [hw5](./files/w19/ps5.pdf) [hw6](./files/w19/ps6.pdf) [hw7](./files/w19/ps7.pdf) [hw8](./files/w19/ps8.pdf) [hw9](./files/w19/ps9.pdf)
- Math 132 Complex analysis for Prof. K. Liu. (Fall 2018)
- Math 32A Multivariable calculus for Prof. S. Eriksson-Bique. (Fall 2018)
- Graduate bootcamp (analysis and linear algebra) (Summer 2018) Good luck to all!
- Math 180 Graph theory for Prof. D. Yeliussizov. (Spring 2018)
- Math 184 Enumerative combinatorics for Prof. I. Pak. (Winter 2018)
- Math 135 Ordinary differential equations for Prof. O. Ben Neria. (Fall 2017)
- Math 33A Linear algebra for Prof. N. Bhaskhar. (Summer 2017)
- Math 115A Linear algebra for Prof. O. Ben Neria. (Spring 2017)
- [Examples Sheet](./files/115A-spring2017.pdf).
- Math 33A Linear algebra for Prof. J. Chanussot. (Winter 2017)
- [Course log](./files/33A-winter-2017.html)
- Math 115A Linear algebra for Prof. A. Manion. (Fall 2016)
- [Examples Sheet](./files/math115a-examples-sheet.pdf).
- Math 33A Linear algebra for Prof. O. Ben Neria. (Spring 2016)
- [MT1 Solution](./files/33A-mt1-solution-spring-2016.pdf). [Review Practice MT2 Examples Sheet](./files/33A-mt2-review-practice-spring-2016.pdf) and [some answers to the ones we didn't go over.](./files/33A-mt2-review-practice-spring-2016-ans.pdf) [Review Sheet for Final](./files/33A-final-review-sheet-spring-2016.pdf) and [some answers to the ones we didn't go over.](./files/33A-final-review-sheet-spring-2016-ans.pdf)
- Math 3B Calculus for Prof. P. Greene. (Winter 2016)
- Math 33A Linear algebra for Prof. O. Ben Neria.(Winter 2016)
- [A review sheet](./files/33A-review-sheet-winter-2016.pdf). [A topics list](./files/33A-list-of-topics-winter-2016.txt).
- Math 3A Calculus for Prof. P. Greene. (Fall 2015)
- Math 33A Linear algebra for Prof. D. Penneys. (Fall 2015)
- Math 33A Linear algebra for Prof. D. Weisbart. (Spring 2015)
- Math 33A Linear algebra for Prof. T. Brown. (Winter 2015)
- Math 1 Pre-calculus for Prof. T. Sinclair. (Fall 2014)
- January 2019 Polynomials, permutations, percolations, polygons, propositions, paths, and patterns - An exploration in Schroder numbers. (GSO Seminar)
- October 2018 Surjections, epimorphisms, and the four coloring theorem. (GSO Seminar)
- May 2018 Map coloring theorems, and graphs on higher genus surfaces. (GSO Seminar)
- February 2018 Equiareal triangulations, and Monsky's theorem. (GSO Seminar)
- November 2017 Points on a plane -- Combinatorial geometry of planar point sets. (GSO Seminar)
- May 2017 Enumeration of unlabeled structures with symmetry. (ATC)
- March 2017 Enumeration of labeled trees. (GSO Seminar)
- June 2016 Chromatic symmetric functions. (Math 285N)
- [Are there two subsets with the same sum?](./checkset.html)
- [URM: Unlimited register machine.](./urm.html)
- [Make 24 game.](./24/)
- [Discrete equilibrium with candies.](./math33b.spring2019/files/candy.html)
- [Phase portraits of 2x2 linear ODE systems](./math33b.spring2019/files/PHASEPORT), and an [screensaver version](./math33b.spring2019/files/PHASEPORT-AUTO).
- [A simple bifurfaction diagram plotter](./BIFURCATION-DIAGRAM).
- [A 2 dimension planar phase portrait/vector field plotter](./PLANAR-PHASE-PORTRAIT).
- [Finding standard form for a conic](./STANDARD-CONIC).
- [Value of Zeta on the critical line](./ZETA-FUNCTION).
- [Strange attractor.](./CHAOS).