I accepted a position at Discover Financial Services, Inc in Chicago, starting July 1 of 2019.
I am an Assistant Adjunct Professor in the Mathematics Department at UCLA. Previously I was a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at UMass Amherst from September 2015 to August 2015 and a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the same institution from September 2012 to August 2015. During my Ph.D. I was fortunate to work at the IACM-FORTH in Crete, Greece in the period from 2008 to 2010.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Maryland, College Park, 2006-2012
- M.S. in Mathematics, Virginia Tech, 2002-2004
- M.S. in Computer Science, MSTU "Stankin", 2000-2002
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, MSTU "Stankin", 1996-2000
- Partial Differential Equations
- Computational Genomics
- Mathematical Biology
- Statistics and Probability in Data Analysis
- Financial Mathematics
- A. Miroshnikov, M. Steinrücken, Computing the joint distribution of the total tree length across loci in populations with variable size. Theor. Popul. Biol. (2017). Vol. 118, p.1-19. [pdf]
- P.-E. Jabin, A. Miroshnikov, R. Young, Cellulose Biodegradation Models; an Example of Cooperative Interactions in Structured Populations. ESAIM: Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis (2017), 51-6, 2289-2318. [pdf]
- A. Miroshnikov, R. Young, Weak* Solutions II: The Vacuum in Lagrangian Gas Dynamics. SIAM J. Math. Anal. (2017), 49(3), 1810-1843. [pdf].
- A. Miroshnikov, A. Tzavaras, On the Construction and Properties of Weak Solutions Describing Dynamic Cavitation, J. Elasticity (2015), 118-2, 141-185. [pdf]
- A. Miroshnikov, K. Trivisa, Relative Entropy in Hyperbolic Relaxation for Balance Laws, Comm. Math. Sciences. (2014), 12-6, 1017-1043. [pdf]