Non-UCLA (i.e., UCLA Extension, non-UCLA Summer students, etc.): sign up for the test through ALEKS (www.aleks.com) using the following 10-character class code to make a payment: CA3CR-6ERDQ. Detailed instructions for NON-UCLA students click here. After completing your payment and registration, use this code to access the test: NONUCLA19
UCLA Students ONLY: When you are ready, CLICK HERE to log in through Shibboleth and access the Math Diagnostic Test. After completing your payment and registration, use this code to access the test: UCLA18-19
Test Length: 30 Questions
Log in and Register
- Log into the ALEKS site with your MyUCLA logon ID and password.
- Before beginning the test, ALEKS will walk you through a tutorial on how to use the embedded tools to calculate and input your answers.
- You will have 48 hours to complete the test. If the test is not completed in this time, ALEKS will provide a new test. ALEKS will automatically save your progress, allowing you to leave and return to the test.
Interpret Your Score
- After completing the initial test, you will receive a report of your topic mastery and your score.
|80%+||Math 31A/Math 3A|
Use the Learning Module
- You are given the opportunity to review certain topics and improve your placement through targeted learning exercises in the Prep and Learning Module.
Retake the diagnostic test, if necessary
- After engaging with the learning module for at least 5 hours, you can take the test again to reassess course placement.
- The retake test will become available 48 hours after the initial test was completed.
- If you score 80 or higher, enroll in Math 31A/Math 3A
- If you score between 65-79, enroll in Math 1
- You will have access to the learning module for 12 months after taking the initial test.
Enroll into a Mathematics class
- If your enrollment pass is active, you can self-enroll into the appropriate math class 24 hours after receiving your score.
- About the Math Diagnostic Test (ALEKS PPL)
- Get Ready to Take the Diagnostic Test
- Take the Diagnostic Test
- Placement Results and Retakes
- AP Test Scores and Credit