Non-UCLA (i.e., UCLA Extension, non-UCLA Summer students, etc.): sign up for the test through ALEKS (www.aleks.com) using the following 10-character class code to make a payment: CA3CR-6ERDQ. Detailed instructions for NON-UCLA students click here. After completing your payment and registration, use this code to access the test: NONUCLA19
UCLA Students ONLY: When you are ready, CLICK HERE to log in through Shibboleth and access the Math Diagnostic Test. After completing your payment and registration, use this code to access the test: UCLA18-19
Note: The test for UCLA students is currently under construction in prepration for Fall 2019 enrollment. It will open in May for the incoming freshmen as well as continuing students.
Test Length: 30 Questions
Log in and Register
- Log into the ALEKS site with your MyUCLA logon ID and password.
- Before beginning the test, ALEKS will walk you through a tutorial on how to use the embedded tools to calculate and input your answers.
- You will have 48 hours to complete the test. If the test is not completed in this time, ALEKS will provide a new test. ALEKS will automatically save your progress, allowing you to leave and return to the test.
Interpret Your Score
- After completing the initial test, you will receive a report of your topic mastery and your score.
|80%+||Math 31A/Math 3A|
Use the Learning Module
- You are given the opportunity to review certain topics and improve your placement through targeted learning exercises in the Prep and Learning Module.
Retake the diagnostic test, if necessary
- After engaging with the learning module for at least 5 hours, you can take the test again to reassess course placement.
- The retake test will become available 48 hours after the initial test was completed.
- If you score 80 or higher, enroll in Math 31A/Math 3A
- If you score between 65-79, enroll in Math 1
- You will have access to the learning module for 12 months after taking the initial test.
Enroll into a Mathematics class
- If your enrollment pass is active, you can self-enroll into the appropriate math class 24 hours after receiving your score.
- About the Math Diagnostic Test (ALEKS PPL)
- Get Ready to Take the Diagnostic Test
- Take the Diagnostic Test
- Placement Results and Retakes
- AP Test Scores and Credit