UCLA Amgen Scholars Program
June 21 – August 28, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 3, 2020
The Amgen Scholars Program provides summer research experiences at 13 institutions across the country for students interested in pursuing Ph.D.’s and, eventually, a career in science. Students interested in summer research in any area of biomedical science, chemistry, bioengineering or chemical engineering are encouraged to apply.
During the summer of 2020, UCLA will host 16 Amgen Scholars: 3 undergraduates from UCLA and 13 from other U.S. colleges and universities. Amgen Scholars will participate in research projects; attend scientific seminars, and work under some of the nation’s top academic scientists. The Amgen Scholars Program also includes a $4000 stipend, housing and some meals provided, a three-day Biotechnology Conference in Los Angeles, GRE preparation course, luncheons with faculty, workshops, scientific writing instruction, seminars, and poster presentations.
Amgen Scholars U.S. Program applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents (international students are ineligible, but are welcome to consider the Japan Program)
- Undergraduates enrolled in four-year colleges and universities in the U.S., Puerto Rico and other U.S. Territories.
- Sophomores (with 4 quarters or 3 semesters of college experience), juniors and non-graduating seniors (who are returning in the fall to continue their undergraduate experience).
- Cumulative G.P.A. of 3.2 or above.
- Interested in pursuing a Ph.D. or joint M.D./Ph.D.
Application Deadline for Amgen Scholars Program at UCLA: Monday, February 3, 2020.
U.S. Amgen Scholars Program
To learn more about all thirteen U.S. Amgen Scholars Program host institutions and the Japan Program visit: http://www.amgenscholars.com
Program e-Flyer: U.S. Program flyer
Please direct any questions about the Amgen Scholars Program at UCLA to:
Isabel Martinez, Program Representative
2121 Life Sciences Building
Many thanks to the Amgen Foundation for such generous support of this program.