EMPLOYERS is seeking a dynamic, motivated intern to assist in the Actuarial and Predictive Modeling efforts of the organization. This individual is expected to participate in the development and ongoing efforts of EMPLOYERS’s Actuarial and Predictive Modeling projects and be a viable team member in the department.
- Ability to apply your knowledge and skills and participate in high profile projects in a respected and highly rated company.
- Assist in predictive modeling projects and the preparation of rate indications and profitability reports for various business segments with supervision.
- Assists in analysis of company data
- Desire to learn more about actuarial science and the actuarial profession
- All other duties as assigned or as situation dictates.
Ability to work daily during business hours.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment, including use of PC, keyboard, telephone and headset.
Must be able to bend, squat, kneel and lift up to 25 lbs.
Minimum Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Current student in good standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, Junior, Senior, or Graduate level, to obtain a Bachelor’s degree or higher. Preference given to current students or alumni of the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Computer application skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Successful completion of Actuarial exams is a plus.
- Knowledge of Access, Visual Basic and/or SQL are a plus
Dates of Internship:
• Anticipated dates of the internship will be from June to August.
As a dynamic, fast-growing provider of workers' compensation insurance and services, we are seeking a goal-oriented individual willing to put their ideas to work.
We offer a positive, challenging work environment, combined with an opportunity to build your career as you help us profitably grow our business, in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely EMPLOYERS®.
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, EMPLOYERS attributes its long-standing success to our most valuable resource, our employees. EMPLOYERS is known for the quality service and expertise we provide to our clients, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees.
We live and breathe our core values: Integrity, Customer Focus, Collaboration, Initiative, Accountability, Innovation, and Personal Fulfillment. These are the pillars that support how we do business with our clients, and how we treat each other.
At EMPLOYERS, you’ll discover an energetic environment that inspires top achievement. As “America’s small business insurance specialist”, we have the resources, a solid reputation and an expanding nationwide identity to enrich your work/life and enhance your career.