The Undergraduate Research Center – Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences is excited to launch a new program, Spring Into Research, in Spring 2017. This program aims to support freshmen, sophomores, and first-year transfers who are interested in pursuing undergraduate research in the humanities, arts, or social sciences.
The selected participants will not be required to conduct research during the program, but will learn about the opportunities available for undergraduate research at UCLA, tips to get started and find a faculty mentor, along with strategies, tools, and resources available to support each stage of the research process. Program participants will also receive a $350 scholarship.
To be eligible for the Spring into Research program, students:
- Must be a UCLA freshman, sophomore, or first-year transfer student.
- Cannot be a current or previous recipient of a research program scholarship through the Undergraduate Research Centers or AAP.
- Must be available and commit to attending all required workshops held on Thursdays, from 4-5pm on April 6th, April 13th, April 20th, April 27th, May 11th, and May 18th.
- Must be available to attend portions of Undergraduate Research Week between Tuesday, May 23rd and Thursday, May 25th.
- Must complete and submit all parts of the program application by 11:59pm on Sunday, March 12th.
The program application and further details are available at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SpringIntoResearch2017. Any questions about the program can be directed to the Undergraduate Research Center – Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences at email@example.com , 310-825-2935, or at our office in Murphy A334.