Pricing Analyst – Strategy
We are in the process of expanding our team and have openings for the Pricing Analyst – Strategy role. The Test & Learn team is responsible for dynamic pricing, online performance management, and designing experiments to generate/analyze and fine-tune existing/new strategies for pricing and marketing initiatives.
As a vital member of the Pricing Strategy team, the Pricing Analyst is responsible for working with various teams in developing and implementing strategic pricing initiatives that drive margin and a better customer-experience for Sears and Kmart members. Analysts would build, validate and maintain financial models to track profitability and incremental sales from each Pricing project. This team in Pricing will be responsible for designing experiments and conducting financial/business analyses to help identify opportunities and measure performance. This team also manages dynamic pricing and online pricing to align price points, marketing assets, reduce errors, and enable effective asset management for online and traditional stores.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the ability to:
(a) code in Python, R, SQL, and other programming languages. Synthesize data from several data sources
(b) manage business portfolios consisting of business heuristics, monitor performance, and proactively make decisions to improve portfolio's performance
(c) gather and analyze data, and generate insights from that data,
(d) use those insights as the basis for developing, enhancing and evaluating new corporate initiatives, and
(e) contribute to enterprise-wide change initiatives.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Collaborate with Pricing Team, Customer Analytics, Marketing, Merchandising and Store Operations teams to develop insights based on pricing data
• Coordinate with business leaders to identify and prioritize areas for analysis
• Gather data and perform complex manipulations to large data sets to create thoughtful and robust business analyses
• Analyze issues, develops insights and formulates action plans based on learnings
• Develop partnerships across the business and functional areas of the organization
• Prepare pricing related recommendations, financial business cases, and presentations for senior management
• Foster teamwork and works well in a collaborative team environment
• Lead small groups of individuals in support of specific pricing initiatives
• Perform ad hoc analysis as requested
Desired skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s/Master’s/Ph.D. degree from a four year college or university by December 2016 required. Majors: Economics, Industrial Engineering, Financial Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research
• Strong interest to code and knowledge of statistical modeling
• 0-3 years of professional experience in: pricing, finance, management consulting, CRM (technical field), business strategy, or marketing preferred
• Highly skilled in problem solving especially in situations of high ambiguity
• Ability to apply analytical rigor to understand complex business scenarios
• Active curiosity -- must enjoy gathering and digging deeply into data to identify issues and solve problems
• Strong work ethic complemented by a positive, can-do attitude
• Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal, and written
• Some familiarity with standard customer insights techniques such as: qualitative and quantitative market research, marketing analytics, statistical and economic modeling, customer segmentation, and customer profitability analysis
• Advanced Excel, basic PowerPoint skills, as well as familiarity with database standards and protocols. Knowledge of R, SQL, SAS, Python or other statistical tools
Contact: Please send resume with Subject Line “Analyst – Pricing Strategy” to: smarell [at] searshc [dot] com.