The Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR) and Stanford Economics are pleased to open applications for our Predoctoral Research Fellowship Program. Applications are being accepted for positions starting Summer 2018.
Full program and application information is available on our website at: https://siepr.stanford.edu/about/student-opportunities/predoctoral-fellowship. Applications received on or before March 31, 2018 will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The SIEPR/Economics Predoctoral Research Fellowship program is a full-time, post baccalaureate program designed to prepare individuals wishing to gain valuable training and experience toward a career in academic research in economics or public policy. Fellows will be expected to fully engage in the intellectual life at Stanford University. They dedicate a significant portion of their time to an empirical research project and can take graduate-level courses at Stanford University for credit (up to one course per quarter). The fellowship offers tuition, health insurance, and a living stipend. We seek individuals to join our program for a period of at least one year. International applicants are welcome to apply.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Completed a 4-year undergraduate degree (bachelors or foreign equivalent) in economics, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related field;
- A strong quantitative background and interest in learning cutting-edge research methods;
- Creative and independent problem-solving skills;
- Experience programming in Stata and R, and may have experience with GIS, Matlab, and other statistical packages; and
- An interest in pursuing a PhD in Economics or a related field.
For position descriptions, application information, and FAQs, please visit our website: https://siepr.stanford.edu/about/student-opportunities/predoctoral-fellowship