HARRY S. TRUMAN SCHOLARSHIP
Outstanding UCLA juniors interested in careers in government
or public service are invited to apply for a Harry S.
Truman Scholarship of $30,000
The Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation will award 65 merit-based scholarships to college juniors throughout the United States. A Truman Scholarship provides up to $30,000 for graduate or professional school.
You cannot apply directly for a Truman Scholarship. You must first be nominated by UCLA. In order to be considered for UCLA nomination you must:
- Be a junior pursuing a Bachelor's Degree during the 2015-16 academic year (junior means a student who plans to continue full-time undergraduate study and who expects to receive a Bachelor's Degree between December 2016 and August 2017)
- Have demonstrated leadership ability, be committed to a career in government or public service, and plan to attend graduate school to prepare for a public service career
- Have a 3.7 overall GPA or better
- Be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. national
- To complete and submit nomination materials, please contact the Scholarship Resource Center at email@example.com, call us at (310) 206-2875, or stop by in person at 233 Covel Commons. The UCLA Nomination Deadline is:
Tuesday, January 5, 2016 by 6 pm