GIS will host The Pipeline Virtual Career Fair on February 11, 2020. Open to all students of all majors (including non-GIS students), this virtual career fair allows students to sign in from a phone, laptop, or tablet to speak with our partner companies about internship and career opportunities in the actuarial science/insurance field.
The Pipeline: Virtual Career Fair for Jobs in Risk/Insurance/Actuarial Science
Need a job? An internship? Don’t miss The Pipeline Virtual Career Fair! This completely FREE, entirely virtual career fair hosted by Gamma Iota Sigma, the insurance industry’s collegiate talent pipeline, will help YOU connect with companies recruiting for internships and entry level jobs in the risk management, insurance, and actuarial science industry. Join from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone anytime between 11 AM and 4 PM EST. Chat with company representatives and ask questions - all from the comfort of your own home, school library, or favorite coffee shop. Open to all majors and class years!
Register here: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/GIS/e/Wdr5ID
Benefits exclusive to GIS members*:
- GIS Annual International Conference – Held September 24-26, 2020 in Dallas, TX, this event is our largest and features a one-of-its kind career fair (80 exhibitors), on-site interviews (600+), keynote speakers, educational and professional development sessions, community service, and more. This is a tremendous opportunity for students seeking jobs and internships in the actuarial or insurance field. Read the 2019 GIS Annual Conference press release here.
- GIS Regional Conference Series – Next year, the Regional Conference Series will be held concurrently January 24-25, 2020 in New York City, Atlanta, and Columbus, our Regional Conferences each feature a career fair, networking opportunities, and educational and professional development sessions. Typically invitations to attend the Regional Conferences are limited to students within a 5-hour drive of the conference location, but locations vary by year.
- Exclusive Benefits – Several of our partners (Casualty Actuarial Society, Society of Actuaries, International Association of Black Actuaries, etc.) offer GIS students free memberships or access to free-discounted publications (Ex. AM Best, Business Insurance, IRMI, etc.).
- Career Resources – In addition to exposing GIS students to a variety of industry career paths and opportunities through educational programs, GIS students have access to our GIS Career Center, where companies post and recruit for internships and entry level jobs.
- Education – Our GIS Webinar Series will give students access to virtual sessions hosted by our corporate partners, featuring topics such as Insurance Fraud, Active Assailant Risk, Cyber Insurance, Autonomous Vehicles, and International Underwriting.
- GIS boasts a network of 5,000 student members annually, 35,000 alumni working in all segments and functional areas of the insurance industry, and 100 corporate partners recruiting early career talent.
- GIS Alumni Council – GIS has 22 Alumni Chapters across the US (including one in Los Angeles) which gather regularly for networking and community service events, and to mentor local college students. Current GIS students are invited to local alumni events.
- GammaSAID (Solutions for Authenticity, Inclusion, and Diversity) – Student-focused, student-led Council which fosters understanding, establishes solutions, and is a representative voice in matters of authenticity, inclusion, and diversity. GammaSAID presents programming and develops resources to provide a D&I framework and promote best practices at the chapter level.
More information can be found here: https://www.gammaiotasigma.org/membership.