Barry M. Goldwater Scholarships
Outstanding UCLA sophomores and juniors who intend to pursue careers in mathematics, natural sciences, or engineering are invited to apply for a Goldwater Scholarship of $7,500 per year
The Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation will award up to 300 merit-based educational scholarships to college sophomores and juniors throughout the United States. Each scholarship will cover eligible expenses for tuition, fees, books, and room & board up to $7,500 annually. Sophomore level scholarship recipients will be eligible for two years of support and junior level recipients, for one year of support.
You cannot apply directly for a Goldwater Scholarship. You must first be nominated by UCLA. In order to be considered for UCLA nomination you must:
- Be a sophomore or junior pursuing a bachelor's degree on a full-time basis. “Sophomore" is defined as a student who plans two more years of full-time undergraduate study beginning September 2016. "Junior" is defined as a student who plans one more year of full-time undergraduate study beginning September 2016.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate field of study that will lead to a career in mathematics, the natural sciences or engineering
- Have an overall college grade point average of at least 3.0
- Be a U.S. citizen, a resident alien, or a U.S. national
- To complete and submit nomination materials, please contact the Scholarship Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at (310) 206-2875, or stop by in person at 233 Covel Commons. The UCLA Campus Deadline is:
Friday, December 11