Please distribute widely to students.
Fall Travel Grants
Applications due Monday, November 3, 2014
Funded through donations from friends and supporters of the Center for the Study of Women, travel grants assist graduate and undergraduate UCLA students with air and ground transportation expenses related to research on women, gender, and sexuality, including transportation for academic or professional conference presentation.
Maximum award is $400.
Monday, November 3, 2014
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of merit.
- Awardees must be a registered UCLA student.
- Travel must be for research or a conference pertaining to women, gender, and sexuality.
- For conference travel, awardee must provide evidence that the paper was delivered at a conference.
- CSW reimburses the awardee only after receiving original (hardcopy) receipts for eligible transportation expenses.
- Travel for the fall grant must occur on or between July 1, 2014, and December 31, 2014.
- Students who are qualified under the CA Dream Act of 2011 are eligible to apply. Detailed information on the CA Dream Act of 2011 is on www.fao.ucla.edu.
- Applicants who are receiving financial aid should consult with the Financial Aid Office. If you are selected as a recipient of this award, your financial aid package may be subject to revision.
The application requires the listed documents below. You will be required to upload the first three documents as a single PDF file, with this file name: TravelGrant_AY14-15_YourLastName_YourFirstName:
- Abstract of research project or conference paper (maximum 2 single-spaced pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of recommendation from two faculty members of any university
Letter of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation may be submitted in these ways:
- Letters may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org from the faculty’s university email, OR
- Faculty may upload letters via the link they receive from CSW, OR
- Letters may be sealed in an envelope, with the recommender’s signature across the back flap, and delivered to:
UCLA Center for the Study of Women
ATTN: Fall Travel Grants
1500 Public Affairs, Box 957222
Los Angeles, CA 90095-7222
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents, including letters of recommendations, no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, November 3, 2015.
Visit the link below to find out more information and fill out the online application:
Should you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.