The Vanderbilt Institute for Nanoscale Science and Engineering (VINSE) focuses on interdisciplinary nanoscale research at the interface of biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering. More than 40 faculty participants from the School of Engineering, College of Arts and Science, and the School of Medicine inspire students by creating an atmosphere of excitement and creativity. Each REU participate will work directly with VINSE faculty members and their research groups and be part of the larger VINSE community.
- Hands-on research in state-of-the-art facilities located minutes from downtown Nashville
- Poster session, awards banquet, field trips, social activities, outreach opportunities
- Enrichment sessions, including how to apply for graduate school, mastering the GRE, how to apply for fellowships, entrepreneurship
- Opportunity for travel awards to present summer work at a national conference
- Undergraduate students majoring in science or engineering
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Minorities and women strongly encouraged to apply
- $5,000 stipend
- $500 travel allowance
- Room and board
Application deadline is February 15. Selections will be based on a combination of research interests, academic qualifications, and faculty recommendations.
Program Dates: May 27, 2018 – August 3, 2018