We would like to invite you to our UNDOCU RESOURCE AWARENESS WEEK happening WEEK 3! During this week we are offering workshops including: an immigration forum, budgeting, navigating UCLA, research opportunities, and applying to Grad School the undocuway.
- 10/16 - Immigration Forum
- During this forum, our special guest, Certified Immigration Specialist attorney for Woldsdorf Rosenthal LLP, Richard Yemm, will discuss employment-based immigration options for DACAmented and undocumented students. Our USP/UC Immigrant Legal Services Center Staff Attorney, Habiba Simjee, will discuss DACA and proposed legislation, family-based immigration, humanitarian forms of immigration relief, and Know Your Rights. Please come with your questions as these discussions will focus on Q&A!
5:00- 6:00 PM Richard Yemm, Certified Immigration Specialist attorney
6:00- 7:00 PM Habiba Simjee, USP/UC Immigrant Legal Services Center Staff Attorney
- 10/17 - Budgeting the Undocuway
- Come and learn about budgeting techniques for undocumented students.
12:00- 1:00 PM Sara Potter, Financial Wellness Program Coordinator
1:00- 1:30 PM Student Panel
- 10/18 - Coffee Talks: Navigating UCLA while undocumented
- Coffee talks provides a safe and brave space to come together and engage in meaningful conversations about issues that impact our immigrant communities.
- 10/19 - Research Opportunities
- We are delighted to have Dr. Devin Horton, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Research Center to talk about undergraduate research opportunities for undocumented students. The second part will consist of a presentation on UndocuBruins Research Program by Yadira Valencia, UndocuBruins Coordinator from the AAP Graduate Mentoring and Research Programs.
1:00-2:00 PM Dr. Devin Horton, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Research Center
2:00- 3:00 PM Yadira Valencia, UndocuBruins Coordinador
- 10/20 - Applying to Grad School
- Learn tips on applying to graduate and professional school as an undocumented student and meet some of our current UndocuGradBruins.
Don’t forget to RSVP and enjoy FREE FOOD, GAIN KNOWLEDGE, and meet NEW FRIENDS! https://tinyurl.com/ResourceAwarenessweek