The Undergraduate Research Center – Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences is excited to announce a new program option for Social Science and Humanities majors interested in conducting research and acquiring research and professional development skills over the summer. Application deadline is May 1st.
The Summer Fellows program is for rising UCLA juniors and seniors who have a strong commitment to research in the humanities or social sciences and who are completing a comprehensive research project (or working on a departmental honors thesis) with a faculty mentor for ten weeks during the summer.
- Receive a $2,000 scholarship.
- Enroll in an SRP 99 research course with their faculty mentor for the 10-week Summer Session A. (Summer unit tuition does not apply to SRP units and full-time enrollment is not required).
- Attend regularly scheduled workshops that provide training in scholarly communications (writing abstracts, presenting at conferences, publishing) and professionalism (crafting CVs or resumes, preparing for careers and/or graduate school).
- Present their research at the Summer Fellows colloquium.
- Submit a research paper or final project at the end of the program.
Deadline to apply is May 1st. The application is now open on MyUCLA (Campus Life à Survey). Full application instructions and eligibility requirements are available at: http://www.ugeducation.ucla.edu/urhass/summerfellows.htm. A letter of recommendation from the prospective faculty mentor is required.
For further information, please contact the Undergraduate Research Center – Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 310-825-2935, or stop by Murphy Hall A334.