Brief Curriculum Vitae
- H.S. Diploma, Austin High School, Austin, Minnesota, 1956
- B.S. in Mathematics, Yale University, 1960
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, UC Berkeley, 1963
- Function algebras, complex analysis
- C.L.E.Moore Instructor, MIT, 1963-1965
- Profesor Titular de Análisis III, Universidad Nacional
de La Plata (Argentina), 1965-1966
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics, MIT, 1967-1968
- Associate Professor of Mathematics, UCLA, 1968-1971
- Professor of Mathematics, UCLA, 1971-2008
- Professor Emeritus of Mathematics, UCLA, 2008-present
- Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellow, 1969-1971
- Invited hour address, Annual Meeting of the UMA, Mar del Plata
- Invited hour address, Western Regional Meeting of the AMS, Stanford,
- College Visiting Professor, University of Washington, Spring, 1986
- Alexander von Humboldt Senior Fellow, Universität des Saarlandes,
- Distinguished Visiting Professor, Brown University, Fall, 1994
Theodore W. Gamelin, Complex Analysis, UTM Series,
T.W. Gamelin and S.V. Kislyakov, Uniform algebras as Banach
spaces, in " Handbook of the Geometry of Banach Spaces,"
edited by W.B. Johnson and J. Lindenstrauss, North-Holland Elsevier
Publishers, 2001, pp. 671-706.
T.W. Gamelin, Homomorphisms of uniform algebras, in " Recent
Progress in Functional Analysis," edited by Bierstedt, Bonet, Maestre,
and Schmets, North-Holland Elsevier Publishers, 2001, pp. 95-105.
T.W. Gamelin and Mamikon A. Mnatsakanian, Arithmetic based fractals
associated with Pascal's triangle, Publications Matemàtiques
49 (2005), pp. 325-349.
P. Galindo, T.W. Gamelin, and M. Lindström, Composition
operators on uniform algebras, essential norms, and hyperbolically
bounded sets, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 359 (2007),