· The first class is on Monday, March 30.
· There will be no class on Wed, May 6.
· Instructor: Terence Tao, email@example.com, x64844, MS 6183
· Lecture: MWF 10-10:50, MS 5217.
· Discussion section: Th 10-10:50, MS 5117
· Office Hours: Wed 1-2
· TA: None
· Textbook: Folland, Real Analysis, Second Edition. I will also write some supplemental lecture notes to these texts on my blog.
· Prerequisite: Math 245AB. The material here will rely heavily on that in Math 245AB, so be sure you have a firm grasp of the material from that course. Topics covered will include L^p spaces and interpolation; the theory of distributions; Hausdorff dimension; the spectral theorem; and possibly other topics as time permits.
· Grading: Grading is based on attendance. While the lecture notes will contain exercises, they are optional.