1) I am willing to allow as many students in as there is space in the lecture room. But the final decision about letting students from the wait list in is up to the Undergraduate Vice Chair. If there are special circumstances affecting your need to enroll in the class, please discuss them with the councelors in MS 6356. (I am a mathematician, not an administrator, and do not deal with issues of priority to enroll in the class.) As far as I know it, the Math Dept does not use PTE numbers for enrollement (check about it in MS 6356 if needed)
2) The discussion sessions are integral part of the course. Be sure that you can and do attend them.
3) Students have to take all exams in the lecture in which they are enrolled, because the curves for the two lectures may differ.
4) I plan to cover the same material at the same pace in both lectures. I have no objection to students attending lecture in a lecture different from the one they are enroled in, provided there is room the in the class. Regarding attending a discussion session different from the one a student is enrolled in, I expect students to only do it if absolutetly needed and after asking permission from both TAs envolved in the matter. In these cases, students will have to arrange with the TAs how to receive their homework and exams back. Regarding exams the policy is as stated in (3) above.
5) Unfortunately honors sessions, or honors contracts will not be available.
Homework Assignments: hw.txt
TAs Office Hours: oh.txt
Midterm (Lecture 1) solution set : mt1.pdf
Final exam (Lecture 1) solution set : fn1.pdf