Robert F. BrownProfessor of Mathematics
UCLA Department of Mathematics
Office 6220 Mathematical Sciences Bldg. Postal Address UCLA Dept of Mathematics
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1555
Phone 310-825-6553 Fax 310-206-6673 < email@example.com>
Ph. D. Students
- Danielle O'Donnol, 2008 (cochair), Visiting Assistant Professor, Indiana Univ.
- Nirattaya Khamsemanan, 2006, Associate Professor, Thammasat Univ., Thailand
- Aaron Reite, 2006, U. S. Government
- Catherine Lee, 2005, School of Public Health, Harvard Univ.
- P. Christopher Staecker, 2005, Associate Professor, Fairfield Univ.
- Christina Soderlund, 2004, Lecturer, California State Univ. Channel Islands
- Peter Yi, 2003, Ventura College
- Joel Better, 2002
- Fernanda Cardona, 1996, Assistant Professor, Univ. of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Peter Wolfenden, 1995, Qualys Inc.
- Chiwah Ng, 1995
- Joyce Wagner, 1995, Professor, Santiago Canyon College
- Jeanine Nolan, 1995, Professor, East Los Angeles College
- Aaron Schusteff, 1990, City College of San Francisco
- Bao Hoang, 1985, Raytheon Corp.
- Ronald Stern, 1973 (cochair), Professor Emeritus, Univ. of California, Irvine
- U. Kurt Scholz, 1970, Professor Emeritus, Univ. of St. Thomas
- Jerome Kaminker, 1968, Professor Emeritus, Indiana Univ. Purdue Univ., Indianapolis
- William Barnier, 1967, Professor Emeritus, Sonoma State Univ.
- Robin Brooks, 1967, Professor Emeritus, Bates College
Research Interests [pdf file]
Recent Papers and Pre-prints:
- The Wecken property of n-valued multimaps of the 2-sphere (with Adam Ericksen and Matt Stimpson), preprint. [pdf file]
- On the topology of n-valued maps (with Daciberg Goncalves), preprint. [pdf file]
- The Gini index, Los Angeles Math Circle, preprint. [pdf file]
- Stabilizers of fixed point classes and Nielsen numbers of n-valued maps (with Junzheng Nan), Bull. Belgian Math. Soc., to appear. [pdf file]
- Construction of multiply fixed n-valued maps, Topology and Its Applications, 196 (2015), 249 - 259. [pdf file]
- A Topological Introduction to Nonlinear Analysis, Third Edition, Birkhauser, 2014, 240 pages.
- A fixed point theorem for smooth extension maps (with Nirattaya Khamsemanan, Catherine Lee and Sompong Dhompongsa), Fixed Point Theory and Applications 2014, 2014:97, 6 pages. [pdf file]
- Nielsen coincidence, fixed point and root theories of n-valued maps (with Kameran Kolahi), Journal of Fixed Point Theory and Applications, 14 (2013), 309 - 324. [pdf file]
UCLA Mathematics Dept. | UCLA