Me in a Nutshell
I am an Assistant Adjunct Professor for the Program in Computing at UCLA Department of Mathematics working as a postdoc of Professor Andrea Bertozzi.
I completed my Ph.D. in Mathematics at Duke University under the guidance of Professor Thomas P. Witelski.
Current Teaching (Spring 2019)
- Ph.D. in Mathematics , Duke University, 2012 - 2017
- M.S. in Computer Science, Duke University, 2015 - 2016
- B.S. in Mathematics, Zhejiang University, 2008 - 2012
Partial differential equations, fluid dynamics, scientific computing
You can download my complete CV here.
Publications and preprints
- H. Ji, T. P. Witelski, Steady states and dynamics of a non-conservative thin film equation.
Submitted, 2019. [Link]
- A. Sadeghpour, Z. Zeng, H. Ji, N. D. Ebrahimi, A. L. Bertozzi, Y. S. Ju, Dehumidification using an array of traveling liquid beads for desalination and water treatment. Science Advances 5, no. 4 (2019): eaav7662. [Link]
- H. Ji, C. Falcon, A. Sadeghpour, Z. Zeng, Y. S. Ju, A. L. Bertozzi, Dynamics of thin liquid films on vertical cylindrical fibers. Journal of Fluid Mechanics 865 (2019): 303-327.
- H. Ji, L. Li, Numerical methods for thermally stressed shallow shell equations,
Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics (2018).
- H. Ji, T. P. Witelski, Instability and dynamics of volatile thin films, Physical Review Fluids 3, no. 2 (2018): 024001.
- Y. Gao, H. Ji, J. Liu, T. P. Witelski, A vicinal surface model for epitaxial growth with logarithmic free energy, Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems - B (2018): 1771-1784.
- X. Hu, Y. Li, H. Ji, A nodal-based finite element approximation of a phase field model for shape and topology optimization, Applied Mathematics and Computation (2018).
- H. Ji, T. P. Witelski, Finite-time thin film rupture driven by modified evaporative loss, Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, vol 342 (2017), pp. 1-15.
- Y. Gao, H. Ji, J. Liu, T. P. Witelski, Global existence of solutions to a tear film model with locally elevated evaporation rates, Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, vol 350 (2017), pp. 13-25.
- H. Ji, Thin films with non-conservative effects, PhD Dissertation, Mathematics, Duke University, 2017.
- Y. Dukler, H. Ji, C. Falcon, A. L. Bertozzi, A theory for undercompressive shocks in tears of wine. In preparation, 2019.