- Location and time
Class: MWF 10-10:50, Humanities A51
Discussion: TR 10-10:50, different locations
Office: 6236 Math Sciences
Office hours: MW 11:00 am-12:30 pm
O. Bretscher, Linear Algebra, 5th Ed., Prentice Hall.
We will approximately follow the schedule here.
- Weekly homework will be announced on ccle but the solutions will not be collected.
- Each week there will be a short quiz with questions based on the homework. The quizzes take place on Fridays at the beginning of class. There will be no quizzes on the dates of the midterms, see below, and the final week.
- First midterm: Friday, April 22, in class
- Second midterm: Friday, May 13, in class
- Final exam: Wednesday, June 8, 11:30 am-2:30 pm, location TBABring photo ID to both midterms and the final. No books, notes, calculators, or any electronic devices will be permitted in any exam. The final exam must be taken in order to receive a passing grade.
There will be no make-up quizzes. However, the lowest 2 scores of your quizzes will be dropped when computing your grade.
There will be no make-up exams, neither for the midterms nor for the final. However, some flexibility is built into the system by having two grading schemes. Your overall final grade will be the best of the following two variants:
- 10% best 5 quizzes + 30% for both midterms + 60% final.
- 15% best 5 quizzes + 15% best midterm + 70% final.
Regrades on quizzes and midterms must be requested within two weeks after they were taken. After this time, no requests for corrections will be honored.
All grades will be recorded on myUCLA.
- Getting Extra Help
The instructor and TA's are here to help you succeed in the course. If there is something you do not understand, then you have a few options:
- For questions regarding class, visit the office hours of the instructor.
- For questions regarding homework, visit the office hours of the TA's.
- Go to the free tutoring available at the Student Math Center.