- About the Math Diagnostic Test - Test format, scores, and retaking the test
- Instructions to take Online Diagnostic Test
- Covered Topics and Practice Test
- AP Test Scores and Credit
Exams are administered online through CCLE.
Each test period has a corresponding retake period. Students who wish to retake the test can only do so during the retake period. Students may only attempt and retake the test once each term. It is considered academic dishonesty to attempt the test a third time. Such actions will result in appropriate disciplinary measures, up to and including being banned from math courses.
If students are unable to reach a desired score after the retake, students will have to wait until the next quarter the exam is offered to take the test again.
Before taking the Math Diagnostic Test:
- Review the Instructions to take the Online Diagnostic Test.
- Create a Bruin Online logon ID and password. This is the same logon ID and password used to log into MyUCLA. More information on establishing a Bruin Online account can be found at logon.ucla.edu.
- Scores will be viewable after completing the exam, but scores will only be uploaded into student records on the upload date that corresponds with the test date. Students will not be able to enroll into courses until the scores are uploaded to their records.
- The most recent score replaces earlier MDT scores, even if the most recent score is lower than the previous score.
Dates are tentative. Check back regularly for updates.
|Test Date for
|Retake Test Date||Retake Score
October 23 - October 29
November 3, 2017
|November 6 - November 12||November 24, 2017|
|Take the Math Diagnostic Test in this period to enroll during
Priority Enrollment (11/6/17-11/8/17)
October 30 - November 5
|November 10, 2017||November 13 - November 19||November 24, 2017|
|Take the math Diagnostic test in this period to enroll during
First Pass (11/9/17-11/15/17) and Second Pass (11/16/17-1/19/18)
|3||November 6 - November 12||November 24, 2017||November 20 - November 26||December 8, 2017|
|4||November 13 - November 19||November 24, 2017||November 27 - December 3||December 8, 2017|
|5||November 20 - November 26||December 8, 2017||December 4 - December 10||December 22, 2017|
|6||November 27 - December 3||December 8, 2017||December 11 - December 17||December 22, 2017|
|7||December 4 - December 10||December 22, 2017||December 18 - December 24||January 5, 2018|
|8||December 11 - December 17||December 22, 2017||December 25 - December 31||January 5, 2018|
|9||December 18 - December 24||January 5, 2018||January 1 - January 7||January 12, 2018|
|10||December 25 - December 31||January 5, 2018||No Retake||No Retake|
|11||January 1 - January 7||January 12, 2018||No Retake||No Retake|