The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is seeking instructors and teaching assistants for our summer programs. CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. Positions are available at residential and day sites at colleges, universities, and schools on the East and West coasts, as well as internationally in Hong Kong. (For a full list of sites, visit cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html.)
We are currently seeking individuals with expertise in a number of mathematics-related subjects, including:
- Number Theory
- Game Theory
- Mathematical Modeling
- Combinatorics and Graph Theory
- Mathematical Logic
- Paradoxes and Infinities
- Theory of Computation
- Computer Science
A full list of mathematics courses can be found at cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/courses/math_computer_science.html.
Why teach for CTY?
- share your passion for mathematics with highly motivated and talented students
- be a part of an intellectual community
- develop your teaching skills in a supportive, collegial environment
- work alongside dedicated educators from around the world
- limited class size (15 students), plus an instructor and assistant for each class, ensures a low student-teacher ratio
- competitive salary plus room and board at our residential sites
2018 Program Core Dates*
- Session 1: June 21 - July 14, 2018
- Session 2: July 14 - August 4, 2018
*Some sites run one week later than these dates. For a full list of locations and dates, please visit cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html.
Terms of Employment
- Starting salary for two sessions is $4,800 - $6,000 for instructors and $2,400 for TAs
- Room and board are provided at residential sites. Travel assistance is provided to Hong Kong.
- Teaching assistant candidates are generally graduate or undergraduate students with experience tutoring or as a TA.
- Instructor candidates generally have independent classroom teaching experience, graduate coursework, and at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Instructor and Teaching Assistant positions: cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/positions
- Employment with CTY: cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer
Please fill out an online application at cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.