Faculty of Mathematics at HSE University (Moscow) invites students interested in fundamental mathematics to the following programs and events in academic year 2017/2018. All programs and events mentioned below are conducted in English.
- Master of Science Program in Mathematics (applications open inNovember and are accepted on a rolling basis), https://www.hse.ru/en/ma/math/
- PhD Program in Mathematics, https://aspirantura.hse.ru/en/math/in
- Math in Moscow, short term study abroad program (offered every Falland every Spring), http://www.mccme.ru/mathinmoscow/
- Student Research Paper Competition in Mathematics (Deadline: October 15, 2017), http://nirs.hse.ru/nirs/?lang=en Research contributions in all areas of fundamental mathematics or mathematical physics are welcome.
- Mathematical Winter School (early February 2018), https://math.hse.ru/mathschool/
- Research Experience for Undergraduates in Mathematics (three weeks during the period from June 20 till August 20, 2018), https://math.hse.ru/en/reu Participants will work on research projects under supervision of distinguished mathematicians.
About THE HSE FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS.
The Faculty of Mathematics (https://math.hse.ru/en/) was opened in 2008. Since then, it has become the leading place in Russia for attracting researchers in Mathematics and mathematical students. The Faculty has Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D. programs in Mathematics. It collaborates with the Steklov Mathematical Institute and other leading research institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and publishes the Moscow Mathematical Journal. Among our faculty members are distinguished researchers, including 15 invited ICM speakers; we have the best concentration in Russia of highly motivated students majoring in mathematics.
From the report of the international advisory board by Pierre DELIGNE, Sergey FOMIN, Tetsuji MIWA, Nikita NEKRASOV, Stanislav SMIRNOV (September 2017):
“The Board reaffirms its assessment of the overall level of research activities at the Department as outstanding, both in volume and in quality. The Department continues to retain its leading position among university mathematics departments in the country.”
There are three international research units affiliated with the Faculty of Mathematics:
the Laboratory of Algebraic Geometry and its Applications (scientific director: F. Bogomolov),
the Laboratory of Representation Theory and Mathematical Physics (scientific director: A. Okounkov),
and the Laboratory of Mirror Symmetry and Automorphic Forms (scientific director: L. Katzarkov).