The Center for Community Learning is offering a limited number of early intake appointments for Fall 2017 internship courses during the week of August 28. All 195CE coordinators will be out of the office on their summer break from September 1-25. Intake appointments for the full slate of Fall 2017 courses will be available beginning September 26 and will continue until October 13—or until courses fill. Call 310.825.7867 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.
195CE students typically work 8-10 hours per week at an approved off-campus organization (corporate, non-profit, or government agency). Students earn academic credit by applying their academic skills to analyze their work in the community through specially tailored writing assignments and meetings with graduate student coordinators. The following courses are offering a limited number of early intake appointments for Fall 2017
· English (4 units; Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass) – open to any major/minor
· History (4 units; Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass) – open to any major/minor
· Political Science (4 units; Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass) – open to any major/minor
· Sociology (4 units; Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass) – open to any major/minor
Eligibility Requirements: Students must have junior standing (at least 90 units completed) and must be in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA.
** NOTE: The Center for Community Learning is doing a limited number of early intakes for Fall 2017 for courses that have summer staff available to meet with students the week of August 28. Intakes for our full slate of fall courses will be available beginning in Week 0.**
For more information visit http://www.communitylearning.ucla.edu/internships.html
* NOTE: Students should secure an internship BEFORE scheduling an intake appointment for an internship course. The Center for Community Learning does NOT maintain an up-to-date list of internship opportunities. Instead, we recommend using BruinView, the Career Center's internship database --http://career.ucla.edu/
Students can get more information or schedule intake appointments by emailing email@example.com or calling 310.825.7867.
Questions from UCLA staff can be addressed to the Center's Associate Director, Beth Goodhue (firstname.lastname@example.org).